Steps to Becoming a CASA
Now that you’ve decided to make a difference, you might be wondering how to become a CASA volunteer. The steps are listed below. If you have any questions about being an advocate visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, call our staff at (217) 384-9065, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Fill out an application.
- Please be sure to submit all 5 pages, including the "Authorizing for Background Check” on page 5.
- Do NOT submit any documentation directly to the Department of Children and Family Services.
- An accurate address must be provided for each reference listed.
- Mail applications to CASA at One Lincoln Square, Urbana, Illinois; fax to (217) 384-6450; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our office, pick up a manual, and meet with the staff.
- Enroll in an upcoming (LINK) training class.
- Attend and participate in (LINK) training. (30 hours classroom)
- Observe Court. (6 hours)
- Pick a case and develop an action plan. (4 hours)